Thursday, January 22, 2009

The money crunch

I know one of the biggest thorns in the side of a good marriage is money and how each partner deals with it. It doesn't matter whether you have a little or a lot, it still causes problems, just on different levels.

For us, one of the biggest problems is being in debt, and I'm sure it's the same for a lot of others. In these times now with the economy the way it is, being in debt is just killing a lot of couples. One of the best resources I've found for beating the debt trap is a course I took by Dave Ramsey. It will be a real eye opener on how we have been sucked into the deception of get it now, pay later trap.

I believe that it is a mans responsibility to manage the finances of the house, but it doesn't mean that the wife is left out and has no imput. You will find that she is a very good and instinctive resource and if you work together in harmony and complete agreement that money will not be an issue in your marriage relationship. I know this is one of the hardest things for whoever is doing the "books" in your household to let go of, but if you don't find a system that works for both of you, you will be headed for disaster down the road.

I would like to here from you how you have overcome

No comments:

Post a Comment