Wednesday, January 21, 2009

About us

My wife and I have been married for 20 years and have enjoyed many ups and downs. Notice I said " and downs". I believe the down times are a great learning opportunity for creating a marriage that will last.
We have both been married before and were " dumped " by are spouses. This was very hard on both of us because we were both of the belief that divorce wasn't an option for us. This common ground layed the foundation for us to build a relationship with each other that we both could let go of some of the fears we had of commiting again.
We met in July of 1987. I like to say my wife stalked me, but it wasn't that extreme really. She called down to a co-worker that I was having lunch with and asked him to set us up on a date. I was at a point where I was not looking for a relationship, " still kind of bitter from failed relationships" but I wasn't about to pass up an opportunity to go out with a "hot" woman. Little did I know that she would steal my heart on the very first date. We went out and for some reason we both felt comfortable enough to share our stories with each other, and the rest as they say is history. We spent every day together after that and started talking marriage after about three months. We got engaged around Christmas time and married almost exactly a year after we met.
Close to a year after we were married we had our son, and a year and a half later, our daughter. Our family was formed.
I will share more of our experiences, good and bad in future posts, I hope some of the things we went through and are yet to go through will help someone out there that might be facing similar things.

God bless,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment